The Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit (JFMD) has an immediate opening for a Training and Development Director. We seek an experienced leader to develop and expand our staff training and employee development program, DevelopU, to 17 affiliated agencies and to relevant local non-affiliated agencies. The Training and Development Director will be responsible for surveying key stakeholders, assessing needs and developing/implementing a comprehensive 3-Year Professional Development Plan. In this role, the Training and Development Director will be a member of the Federation’s Talent and Organization Department and report to the Senior Director, Talent & Organization. He/she will service and work in partnership with Agency Executives, Agency and Human Resources professionals.
The Training and Development Director will:
• Survey key executive leadership, Agency managers and HR Directors; conduct initial training and content assessments.
• Collaborate with Federation and Agency stakeholders and coordinate an interagency task force to understand business priorities and to identify staff development needs.
• Propose training solutions to attain desired business objectives.
• Build a 3-Year Development Plan that will be responsive and impactful, address service delivery excellence, satisfy core Agency requirements, support Agency priorities, enhance skill development, engage and build their supervisors and staff.
• The Development Plan will address:
Leadership and supervisory excellence,
Talent assessment and development,
Interpersonal skill development
Tools and processes,
Service and soft skills,
Technical competency, and
Regulatory and compliance
• Serve as a credible and trusted advisor on effective and leading-edge learning and development strategies to achieve business goals.
• Direct DevelopU utilizing multiple training methods, including on-the-job training, classroom training, electronic learning, internet-based training, multimedia program, distance learning, and other computer-based instructional technologies.
• Design and deliver innovative learning programs with measurable business results that meet stakeholder needs. In collaboration with subject matter experts develop course materials, course outlines, case studies, participant guides, training manuals and training exercises and other instructional material.
• Manage end-to-end program operations including program delivery, evaluation/feedback and measurement of business impact.
• Research, evaluate, recruit and schedule external trainers.
• Research alternative training venues; manage training calendar.
• Establish and maintain interpersonal relationships with a wide variety of employees at all levels in a diverse environment.
• Resolve organizational issues and conflicts with regard to training.
• Develop marketing materials and effectively market DevelopU. Oversee the creation and implementation of training website and participant tracking system.
• Efficiently budget and contain training costs.
• Communicate challenges effectively in a professional and timely manner.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Bachelor’s Degree + 10+ years of experience working in training and professional development or equivalent related experience.
• MBA or Master of Science in training and development, human resources development, education, organizational psychology or related field a plus.
• Established track record for designing and delivering innovative learning programs with measurable business results that meet stakeholder needs.
• Ability to design training solutions incorporating a variety of learning facilitation techniques.
• Excellent presentation, communication (verbal and written) and proposal writing skills.
• Prior success with developing job aids, worksheets, and training materials.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills that build relationships at all levels across the organization with a high capacity for influence, collaboration and consensus.
• Must be able to interact effectively with both senior management and all staff.
• Able to work both collaboratively with team members and independently with minimal supervision.
• Superior ability to build relationships, continuously motivate and foster team development.
• Must have high energy and be very results driven.
• Proactive problem solver and goal oriented.
• Think and act independently with professionalism, discretion and confidentiality.
• Strong leadership, negotiation and team building skills.
• Ability to prioritize activities in a fast-paced and dynamic environment by managing multiple projects and deadlines.
• Candidate must have superb attention to detail.
• Exemplary standards of integrity and personal work ethic.
• Demonstrate commitment to learning and continuing professional development.
• Methods and techniques related to the performance of needs assessments and the design of instructional material.
• Be well versed in Adult Learning Theory, eLearning systems, a variety of training methods (web-based, web-cast, classroom, reading, video, etc.), training and curriculum development and instructional design and have experience developing curricula that improve performance and define career paths within an organization.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).