Job Title: Coordinator, Franklin Jewish Neighborhood Project
Department: Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit’s JFamily
Salary/Status: February 1, 2017 – February 1, 2018
Part-Time position - 15 hours/week
The coordinator of the Franklin Jewish Neighborhood Project will identify, nurture and assist Jewish families in Franklin - or another Metro Detroit suburb - in order to connect them with their Jewish neighbors and build community among them through a Jewish lens.
• Create a committee comprised of Jewish (Franklin) residents, who are interested in the rationale and goals of this opportunity.
• Identify Jewish residents in that neighborhood/suburb.
• Meet with families, to explain the program and its goals, and identify interests and needs.
• Meet with a core group of parents. Brainstorm programming that meets identified interests & needs, in order to create a network of families raising Jewish children.
• Manage logistics, marketing, and development of monthly intimate, small-scale engagement opportunities at family-friendly destinations, as well as home-based programming.
• Deepen connections through follow up, Jewish learning components & invitations to future gatherings.
• Promote community-based JFamily programs.
• Communicate with JFamily staff and PJ Library ambassadors as needed,
• Create a FJNP Facebook page.
• A member of the Jewish community of Metropolitan Detroit.
• An excellent communicator who excels at relationship building.
• Knowledgeable about Metro Detroit’s community’s resources, both within and outside of the Jewish community.
• Knowledgeable about Jewish practice and observance.
• Ability to program with an engaging, open and pluralistic perspective.
• A creative and “out of the box” thinker.
• Outgoing, motivated, highly networked and engaged in parent and/or Jewish communities.
• Self-driven, able to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Comfortable with program planning, social media and Microsoft Office.
• Available some weekends and/or evenings